ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor for hazardous areas Condition monitoring solution for rotating machines in explosive atmospheres
The high-performance ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor for hazardous areas is now available.
The sensor monitors the health and performance of rotating machines operating in explosive atmospheres. ATEX, IECEx and NEC 500 certified and detecting potential machine disturbances before they impact on reliability, productivity and safety.
ABB’s advanced algorithms analyse the data collected by the Smart Sensor and turn it into meaningful information users can act upon. This extends the lifetime of equipment, cutting maintenance costs and reducing or preventing unplanned downtime due to breakdowns.
- ATEX, IECEx and NEC 500 certified – compliant with strictest requirements for equipment operating in explosive atmospheres
- Pinpoint detection accuracy – superior sensors enable detection of even slight anomalies in the equipment’s condition at a very early stage
- Long battery life – up to three times longer than most competing designs
- Quick installation and activation for instant monitoring
- For ABB or third-party equipment